Handling the Interview
As part of your preparation for the interview it is a good idea to know about the company or organisation. Knowing information about the employer will show your interest and commitment to getting the job. Start by looking at the company’s website. Some good topics to research:
- What kind of services and products are produced by the organisation?
- When was the organisation established?
- Who are the organisation’s main customers?
- Which products or services are the most profitable or have the greatest potential?
- Who are the major shareholders (if the company is listed on the stock market)?
- What kind of publicity is the organisation getting? Are they in the news at the moment?
After your research think about questions you might want to ask during or after the interview based on what you have learned. You can also think about questions regarding the position you are applying for. It’s always a good idea to have a few prepared in case they ask if you have any questions for them.
Need some interview tips? attend one of our interview workshops