Suited to Success offers a range of programs to help people on their journey towards career and personal development
Suited to Success accepts referrals from a wide range of recruitment agencies including employment services agencies, personal support services, rehabilitation services or work placement organisations. Individuals may also book themselves into a program. Described below are our five flagship programs.
Interview and job appropriate styling session
Our Styling Boutique offers personalised styling sessions to women and men aged 15 – 65. It is provided free of charge to Community Organisations / Registered Disability Employment service providers and not-for-profits.
We provide two styling options:
- Interview Styling – You will receive an outfit to keep that is suitable to wear to an interview. The session includes tea or coffee on arrival, individual stylist to assist you select your appropriate style, colour, fit, shoes, bag and accessories (like scarf, tie or belt), makeup by Rimmel, underwear by Triumph, and toiletries bag. Duration: 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Employment Suiting – On securing a job you are welcome to return to our Styling Boutique to receive a second outfit. The fitting includes a success gift from Pandora jewellery for ladies and gift pack for men, photo, success story, and access to our networking group.
These styling sessions are available by appointment only from Monday to Saturday.
Steps to Work 1524
Employment job assistance
program for youth aged 15-24
This program is similar to our 'standard' Steps to Work Program but is specifically designed for youth aged 15-24. It is delivered in-house at our Fortitude Valley training and consultation rooms.
- Personal achievement plan
- Job preparation and interview techniques
- Effective Communication
- Using Technology
- Getting ready for work
This is a holistic program with an ongoing intake as sessions are delivered individually.
This program is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative.
Eligibility criteria apply; please contact us on (07) 3216 1969 for further information.
Resume and interview skills service
The Career Hub is a ‘light touch’ employment assistance program that provides support for people looking to secure long lasting employment. The program provides general career advice and support to develop successful job applications, while you gain practical skills. The service includes three sessions:
- Session 1 – Introduction to resume and application letter preparation (one-on-one session).
- Session 2 – Understanding job selection criteria and how to respond in your resume, application letter and interview (one-on-one session).
- Session 3 – Small group workshop to learn and practice job interview skills through participation in role play or a mock interview. The session covers tips and tricks, introducing yourself, dealing with nerves and how to answer common interview questions. The session is informative and interactive with practical feedback provided.
The Career Hub also offers an optional one-on-one self-esteem module if you feel like a confidence boost.
If you would like to attend our Interview Workshop only (listed as Session 3 above) then please click the button below to book in.
This program provides a comprehensive one-on-one career service to assist people overcome the barriers to employment. It is delivered in-house at our Fortitude Valley training and consultation rooms.
We work together with individuals to complete a series of ‘steps’ that are tailored to the needs of each person and delivered one-on-one. These steps cover personal as well as practical skills and techniques that can assist in gaining and remaining in employment. Sessions cover:
Job preparation and interview techniques
Getting ready for work
For groups and organisations we can offer tailored small group sessions covering resumes, interview styling, interview preparation, confidence in interviews and also interview questions and techniques.
The program can range from one to twelve sessions based on the needs of the individual. Follow up support is provided for up to 12 months.
The program also provides the opportunity for people to connect with corporate supporters or industry networks for industry orientation and mentoring opportunities.
* Limited spaces available
Steps to Work
Employment job assistance
program for women and men
The Development Network consists of regular workshops open to clients, volunteers and members of the public. Regular guest speakers who are experts in their field deliver practical workshops relevant to those who are currently employed or looking for work. Participants have the opportunity to network with each other, potential employers and corporate supporters, for ongoing encouragement in their journey to gaining or sustaining employment.
Ongoing networking and skills development workshops and support